Friday, November 18, 2011

Teacher's camp

Heyyy! I finally got my blog together so i can keep you all updated about whats going on during my travels!!

At the moment, I'm in Yangoon, Myanmar (Asia), and I'm doing leadership/coaching programs with Harry Singha for kids and teachers! Last week we did a two day Superkidz camp, and today was the last day of the three day teacher's camp! Let me tell you, it was absolutely amazing! The energy that the teachers have was incredible, i never thought that teachers could be so enthusiastic!!

I was in charge of two teams, 9 and 10, marvelous and victorious!! They were literally amazing, they didnt know each other at the start but by day three, they were calling each other their family! the love and support that was presented was breathtaking! I met so many amazing people that inspired me, and the Youth coaching team! Unfortunately, their names all have three parts so they were basically impossible to remember, but one person that stood out to me was a 11 year old boy! He was soo cute and so inspiring because he lead/coached teachers that were twice and triple his age. Just watching him through the day grow and prosper was a magic moment for me!

On top of that, the icing on the cake was that i overcame my fear of public speaking! I stepped up and did what i had to do, which was to speak in front of 300 people! I'm not going to lie... at first, i was SOO SCARED, i was ready to be sick, but once you're up there, its completely fine, you just forget about everything and talk from the heart! This was my biggest magic moment of the day!



SAYING GOODBYE IS THE WORST!!! everybody got really emotional as we went through the picture slideshow that Chris and I made - as people shared their magic moments and what they learned, tears streamed down the kids/teachers faces - happy tears though!



Then after all of this we went to Shwedagon Pagoda where we looked around and explored the temples. They have these statues type things that represent each day of the week, and you do certain rituals according to the day you were born. For instance, I was born on a Monday and i had the lion (i think) and i had to pour water on it three times along with some other things, and then the person would pray to you. Being superstitious and all, i believe[d] that it would bring me good luck.... so far so good :]
It was absolutely beautiful though, everything was lit up and gold; the tiles were nice and warm from the sun earlier that day and the atmosphere was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment