Saturday, August 13, 2016

Canada


Every year we go to the tennis tournament, Rogers Cup, in Toronto, Canada. This year my parents and I were planning to watch the men’s competition for the entire week. We flew into Ohio and then drove to Toronto (longest drive of our life) haha. None of us are big on driving, so those 6 hours were torture for all of us, especially my dad since he was the one stuck driving.

The best day out of the trip happened on the first day. My dad had planned for Richard Branson to come to the tournament, play some tennis, and do a coin flip. I had never met him before so I was super excited. We picked him up from the airport and went straight to the Aviva center, where the tournament was being held. I was low key nervous because Branson is legendary and I was standing right next to him. Not only was it Richard Branson but also Tim, the Queen of England’s doctor!!!! They were both so nice and down to earth. 


While being at the tennis tournament, I was going crazy because so many great people surrounded me. The tennis players wanted to meet Richard, and I wanted to meet the tennis players. It was really cool to be walking around the tournament knowing I was with the elite of the elite haha, but I kept my cool. I did manage to squeeze in a hand shake with Novak Djokovic

Other highlights:

-       - Watched the tennis matches from the players lounge
-      -  Cheerleading for Richard Branson as he hit with Milos (Canadian player)
-      -  Richard trying to find me a husband

-      -  Meeting the Bryan brothers (#1 doubles players in the World)

No comments:

Post a Comment