Sunday, December 6, 2015

Same country, different city

Second time in the country, but first time to this city. Last time I went to Colombia, I was in Bogota for a wedding, and now I’m in Cartagena for fun!

Cartagena is much different, well so far it is. Its less busy than Bogota since its not the capital, but still a lot of people. Cartagena itself has about 1 million people.

There are a lot of run down areas in this part of the city, but I find that the people are very nice, and everything is way cheaper.

I’m bad with names of places especially when I can’t even pronounce them, but in English, the area is called Old Town. At this place they have a lot of small stores and restaurants. There was a famous clock tower there also which was really nice to see.
Around the town, they had horse and carriage rides, people selling food and bracelets on the street, and locals dancing and singing. It was so cultural and fun to see how the “people” of Colombia do things!


Horse and carriage ride à went around the town for about 15 minutes, and the driver gave us a tour in Spanish; kinda redundant but I was able to understand a few bits and pieces. It was funny because at the start of the ride, we were delayed because the horse had to pee; he filled up a whole bucket.

Crepes and Waffles à When I went to this place in Bogota, I fell in love. This was one of my favorite dessert places!!! I love nutella and crepes so this place was heaven to me. I had my own dessert, and devoured the entire thing. Definitely worth it. We ended up going a few times just in the short amount of time we were here. The waitress began to recognize us and we were able to order without even looking at the menu!



No comments:

Post a Comment