Wednesday, May 18, 2016

San Jose, Costa Rica


Where do I even begin??

This is my second time in Costa Rica, but first time going without my family. They were both totally different experiences, not just because of the company but more so because I was young the first time I went.

 My friend, Stephanie, and I had planned most of our trip before even going so that we could utilize the very few days that we had there. We had arranged to be in San Jose for 2 days and Playa Hermosa for 3 days. Our sole purpose for this trip was to relax and have fun as we just finished our exams. We needed an outlet, some place where we could get away and not think about school. This trip did the trick!!

Touring around
Roaming around the city not knowing what to do is actually better than holding a map and having everything laid out. We ended up walking all around the city square and bumping into other travelers who were here for a study abroad program. It was kind of cool to interact with them and have them share their experiences with us since we had just flown in that morning. 
I’m sure we stood out like a sore thumb, but I like I believe that we did a fairly good job of blending in.  No maps out, just walking aimlessly. We went to a cathedral, museum, park, and the main square (where I was attacked by pigeons). Some guy was throwing seeds towards my way and of course before I could even do anything, I was swarmed. I was just hoping not to get pooped on. (although it would be nice since it's considered "good luck")




No comments:

Post a Comment