Sunday, March 5, 2017

India Day

February 25th, 2017.

The Indian American Chamber of Commerce has planned the 5th annual India day celebration with the Orlando Magic. The event includes traditional dances and food, fun activities, henna and sari stations, as well as a special appearance from an indian actress, Shilpa Shetty, which I got to meet.
This was my first time attending this event so I didn't know what exactly to expect. My cousins had attended before and told me it was fun, but I wasn't all that excited. It wasn't until I was on my way to the event that it hit me that I was actually going to meet a famous actress, someone who I have watched on tv and idolized as a kid. The anticipation slowly built up and I actually got a little nervous just thinking about it. Some of my family and friends attended the meet and greet with Shilpa and had the opportunity to take a picture with her! I was actually amazed about how down to earth, and funny she is. She answered the interviewers questions so genuinely and it made me want to get more involved and follow her on social media (instagram and youtube channel).

GAME TIME.


My cousin was one of the sponsors of the event so he was able to get two tickets to high-five the Orlando Magic players as they were introduced at the beginning of the game and he gave them to my brother and I. It was one of the coolest experinces ever!!! We were able to be on court, walk around, wave to the players as well as high-five them. I knew basketball players were obviously tall, but when you're right next to them, thats when you really realize. I was looking up the entire time, just hoping not to trip and fall! Overall the whole thing was about 20 minutes long... probably the only 20 minutes of fame i'm ever going to get :P

No comments:

Post a Comment