Tuesday, January 3, 2012

& the adventures continue

Where do I begin??
  • MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground)
  • Cinema's
  • Parties
  • City / sight seeing
  • Christmas / New Years
  • Shopping

Let's work backwards and refresh my memory! NEW YEARS! I felt like I was living in the future, experiencing new years before everyone! A group of us went to this Desi night at the club where we danced bhangra, met people, and had fun. We had two outcomes for the night, well three actually...
1. Watch the fireworks
2. Go to the beach
3. HAVE FUN!!! :]
It was approximately 11:40, only 20 minutes til the new years fireworks, we were walking towards federation square, 5 of us. Along the way we had some complications (funny) and had to sort out some things (witnessed some fights etc), and then the clock struck midnight. We were on some random street in the city, BUT we still saw the fireworks :] Number one - CHECK.
Anyways, after that, for some reason, we were tired. We walked around, went back to the club, got something to eat, and walked some more. Walking with heels = hard. We took a bus all the way back home (30-40 minutes). We were going to go to the beach but it didn’t make sense to go since the boys were wearing jeans and dress shoes so it would be inconvenient, but don’t worry, we still got to check it off the list.

 That morning when we woke up, we got ready and headed down to the beach! Spent a couple of hours there and had lunch at the local cafe - it was so much fun!! Of course a beach trip is not successful without burying someone in the sand ;)
OF course #3 was easily swiped of the list!


It’s offical... I’m moving to melbourne. The place is amazing along with the people, I don’t want to leave :[

Today is the 29th of December, a little bit after Christmas, and just before New Years. It's a day where India lost the test match at the MCG :[ Day 4 of the match, the day that I attended the game. 
The crowd was going wild as India was bowling and the Aussie's were batting; all the indians waiting patiently to hear the ball hit the wicket. Rivals up roared in the crowds as the Aussie's chanted and the Indian's sung, so much patriotism. As for me, I sat there in the freezing cold, waiting for the sun to come out! I didn't know anything about cricket, I just wanted to go for the experience, but after a few hours of being there, my mood changed. I had a new value for the sport, so much dedication and patience was involved in this match. I sat there for 6 hours watching ball after ball and fight after fight. I didn't know anybody there so of course I talked to the randomers around me; most were Aussie but I finally came to find a few Indians! In the section next to me though, it was filled with Indians. All of them had their face painted, carried the India flag, and shouted out chants. There were the occasional fights between the two countries but it was all fun and games. Unfortunately, India lost at the end... :[ But the overall experience was amazing, I’m glad that I went!

No comments:

Post a Comment