Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Melbourne to Sydney

Unfortunately I left Melbourne, and i feel upset :/ I met absolutely amazing people that i KNOW that i can never forget. I went there knowing one person, and left knowing like 15!! They all took care of me and took me out all the time - I had time to relax, have fun, and try outrageous things!
-I’ll remember when i talked to the taxi driver and got him to sing in the car - I told him that i wouldn’t leave the car unless he did
-I’ll remember trying to push Jassi in the water at the beach but instead i fell in
-Walking around Kmart at 2AM
-Jumping on the trampoline and falling all over the place
On the bright side, I got to reunite with Katie :] my high school friend! It felt so weird seeing somebody I knew from back home... I could talk to her about friends back home without having to explain everything since she knew everyone. It’s the small things that make the biggest difference. I arrived in Sydney late at night, no dinner, extremely thirsty, and traveling to the middle of nowhere: Formula 1 hotel at Olympic Park. Anyways, we got to the hotel and was obviously hungry because it was around 11pm, since it was in the middle of nowhere, nothing was open, and i mean nothing. NOT EVEN MCDONALDS (The branch in this area closes at 5pm - WTF). So what do Katie and I do..... Wander the streets looking for food (no luck); instead we just took pictures and strolled back into the hotel lobby.
The following morning/afternoon (by the time we woke up & got ready), we tried to make a plan but became quite indecisive. Instead of planning that day, we started to plan the next couple of days. We literally sat at McDonalds for a few hours stealing their wifi (checking e-mails, facebook, researching, flights etc). Yes, at that point, we had no life. We got our act together and decided to actually do something so we wandered the streets of Sydney and came to the conclusion that WE HAD to go to Outback Steakhouse while being in the outback, it was just something that had to be done. Arriving at the restaurant super excited to eat, we saw that it was closed!!! “ONE MORE HOUR UNTIL OPENING”. -__- In the mean time we went to some chocolate cafe called “Cheeky Chocolate” - wish i highly recommend - and got some “thickshakes” and played monopoly on the ipad... we were truly living the life.

That night, we had plans to go out with a friends friend (so many connections), so we headed back to the hotel to get ready/freshen up a little, and then headed out to a middle eastern restaurant (don’t remember what it was called because it was all a dream). At first I was a bit skeptical of the place, but its the smaller restaurants that always have the best food. BOY WAS I RIGHT, that was some goood foood!
Day two of the adventures with my other american half - I had to sort out my Chinese visa by going to the consulate and handing them my paperwork and passport before 12 o clock, which obviously meant an early morninggg! Getting up was the hardest part ever because it felt like you only just got comfortable and there just wasn’t enough sleep happening. Besides the point, there were some complications on the way with trains (got off wrong station, walked, went back, finding the place - the usual) but we got there on time with 10 minutes to spare!! - the added pressure helped. A huge sigh of relief as that was finally over and done with - slurpees from 7-11 to relax? I THINK YES <3


Next stop was the Sydney harbor bridge and Opera house - along the walk we found fellow Americans; not just any though, black and yellow’s! They were literally decked out in their steeler’s gear: hat, shirt, shorts, towel, everything! We talked to them for a little and it turns out that they were planning to buy a property in Celebration... small world or what?! All the sight seeing was finally over, my feet were aching, we were cranky, so we got some fooooood! We found a place called “Star Bar” near Town Hall train station; IT WAS DELICIOUS. The ambiance made you feel like you were at MGM studios with the famous people and decorations hanging. Anywhooo, that night was loads of fun! Went out with some friends again but this time we went to eat, and played some Aqua Golf - and no this isn’t golf underwater LOL! What an experienceee - similar to Top Golf in England! You literally get a bucket of golf balls and you hit them into the water but you have to try and hit specific targets (all represent different things - you can win prizes). I learned that I’m not good at golf... I think i’ll stick to tennis!

Anyways, time flew by and before you knew it, it was the 5th of Jan.... Katie had to return back to Melbourne :[ but what would i possibly do in Sydney alone for a few days.... NOTHING, so i booked a ticket to Melbourne back with her :D We ended up being on the same flight coincidently, & because I had such great luck, our flight was delayed due to “engine problems” - not exactly the first thing you want to hear before getting on the flight.!

No comments:

Post a Comment